Friday, July 26, 2013

What cha' Reading?

A few sites one can visit to find out about a book are Goodreads.com and Scholastic.com. I know there are many more sites, but these are my go to sites, since I look for books for young readers 11-13 age groups.

I mentioned in an earlier blog about the television, computer, instant gratification for kids, and one way that I have found to interest my students in a book, is by looking for book trailers.

Book trailers are much like movie trailers.  They are short introductions for books where they use movie like action to introduce the book.  I have attached an example. Oh, and this is a great idea for a student activity.  They read a book and then create a trailer to entice their classmates to read the book.

http://www.booktrailersforreaders.com/SSYRA+2013+2014+Nomination+Award+Book+Trailers

Borrowed cite from booktrailersforreaders.com

No comments:

Post a Comment