Monday, July 29, 2013

Doing the Hop

Thank you for Hopping on to my blog and taking the time out to read my information.  Did you check out Tierney James blog? If not, her link is at the bottom of my Q and A.  She is the author of An Unlikely Hero.


What are you working on right now?

I am currently working on a childrens book Mom! There is a Troll in my Closet.  I know a lot of kids have trouble sleeping when they think there is something lurking in their room. The fear is real, but many times, what is in the closet is more scared of the kid in their room. This book tells both sides of the story and all ends well with a good night’s sleep. Now if I can figure out how to format it to submit to a publisher so they get the whole idea, that would be awesome.


What is the hardest part about writing?

For me the hardest part of writing is the building of characters.  I know how I want them to be, but then again, they are a part of me.  Sometimes I forget that the person reading about my characters would be confused as to why something is said or done, so I have to step back and do a re-write as if I am the reader and not the writer.



What scares you?

Other than the obvious things that scare me, like spiders and freaky bugs, the idea of actually making it as a writer, then having to live up to expectations that come with being a household name really scare me.  Oh, who am I kidding, of course that would be a cakewalk after being a middle school teacher.


Hop on to another great Missouri writer.  http://www.ptierneyjames.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment